MAMA is now open to visitors
MAMA resumed normal operating hours on 1 June 2020.
This page is the latest source of information regarding changes to the museum operations in response to COVID-19.
From Monday 16 March:
All schools & education programs and tours were cancelled, including this year's Home program and subsequent exhibition.
From Friday 20 March:
All events & programs until the 30 June have been cancelled.
- All public programs, including MAMA Studio art courses, workshops, miniMAMA's Messy Mornings, Summer Place Yoga, Yoga for Kids have been cancelled, regardless of size.
- Exhibition openings, artist talks, panel discussions, book launches have been cancelled
- Private hires & tour groups have been cancelled
- The volunteer program has been temporarily suspended
- Impacted individuals are being contacted directly to make arrangements, including refunds where tickets were issued.
From Monday 23 March:
The museum closed to the public.
From Monday 1 June:
The museum reopened on Monday 1 June, with a modified program and a range of new health and safety protocols in place.
All visitors will need to register their visit online, either prior to arriving or at the entry of the museum.
Staff are practicing social distancing and additional cleaning measures are in place. Interactive displays and public furniture have been removed.
At this time, classes, workshops, live events, corporate hire and the volunteer program remain suspended.
A modified exhibition schedule is in place, with some changes to the previously advertised program.
MAMA Store will remain closed until additional safety measures can be implemented.
Canvas Eatery has modified services, check their social media to keep up to date.
You are welcome to continue engaging with our virtual tour online, and follow our social media for links to digital programs and museum news.
More information from AlburyCity
Find out more about how AlburyCity Council is responding.