MAMA is open to visitors
The museum has returned to normal opening hours.
- Visitors must register their attendance prior to arrival or upon arrival for contact tracing purposes.
- MAMA Store is open whenever the museum is open.
- MAMA Studio workshops will resume in August, with term-based courses scheduled to resume in Term 4.
- Canvas Eatery has modified opening hours, check their social media to keep up to date.
- Live events, including exhibition openings, artist talks, school holiday programs, and private functions are remain on hold. Live events and programs will be gradually reintroduced in small group sizes when restrictions ease.
Please see the timeline below of changes to museum operations during the COVID-19 response.
From Monday 16 March:
All schools & education programs and tours were cancelled, including this year's Home program and subsequent exhibition.
From Friday 20 March:
All events & programs until the 30 June have been cancelled.
- All public programs, including MAMA Studio art courses, workshops, miniMAMA's Messy Mornings, Summer Place Yoga, Yoga for Kids have been cancelled, regardless of size.
- Exhibition openings, artist talks, panel discussions, book launches have been cancelled
- Private hires & tour groups have been cancelled
- The volunteer program has been temporarily suspended
- Impacted individuals are being contacted directly to make arrangements, including refunds where tickets were issued.
From Monday 23 March:
The museum closed to the public.
From Monday 1 June:
The museum reopened on Monday 1 June, with a modified program and a range of new health and safety protocols in place.
All visitors will need to register their visit online, either prior to arriving or at the entry of the museum.
Staff are practicing social distancing and additional cleaning measures are in place. Interactive displays have been removed.
From Monday 15 June:
MAMA Store will reopen in line with regular museum opening hours.
From Monday 22 August:
MAMA Studio will reopen with weekend workshops.
More information from AlburyCity
Find out more about how AlburyCity Council is responding.