Andrew Pearce – 'Before the Rain'
Andrew Pearce was born in Wodonga in 1989 and has spent most of his life in Kergunyah.
Photography and film are his preferred media. His photography, in particular, captures the beauty of light in the landscape and often uses figures and whimsical themes.
Pearce's 2011 music video for the band Eskimo Joe earned a nomination for 'Best Pop Video' at the UK Music Video Awards.
Pearce's work has been exhibited in the National Gallery of Victoria and the Melbourne Museum, as well as in institutions in London, Quebec City and Prague. He held his first solo exhibition, Some Things Wander (2010) at the Wedge Gallery in Sydney, followed by another solo exhibition, The Wandering (2010) at the Albury Regional Art Gallery.
Pearce has received the prestigious Shutterbug Award, which recognises emerging photographers in Australia, and been a finalist in the Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize, among many other awards and nominations.
- Learn more about Andrew's photography practices via an essay by Australian photographer Bronek Kozka
- Learn more about Andrew's early career path in this detailed biography
- Read more about Andrew Pearce at Andrew Pearce Photography and Film
- See more images of the exhibition at the MAMA Flickr page.
- Buy The Wandering catalogue for $5.00 (+ P&H) which features essays and articles by Bronek Kozka and Bianca Acimovic