Workshop: Bundle Dyeing with Emily Mulvihill
In this two-day workshop, students will be introduced to bundle dyeing techniques. They will experience the beautiful array of colours that the natural world produces and learn how to extract them to create unique patterns and textures in fabric. The workshop will run over two days from 10:30am to 3:30pm.
You will be given a linen tea towel and tote bag to dye. Please also bring your own small item (up to 1kg) of cellulose fiber fabric (cotton, linen, hemp, bamboo) to dye.
At the completion of this workshop, learners will:
- demonstrate their understanding of how to prepare natural fiber fabric for dyeing by scoring and mordanting processes
- select dye stuff from nature
- produce bundle dyed patterns on fabric
- demonstrate colour alterations using acids, bases and iron
- demonstrate correct care of the bundle dyed fabric
Saturday 11 December - Sunday 12 December 2021, , 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Workshop within the Commonwealth Growth Centre, MAMA
$300 ($270 Member/Concession)