When: Register your interest for 2020
Where: Studio within Commonwealth Growth Centre, MAMA
Length: 8 weeks
Price: $260 ($245 moMAMA / Concession)
A MAMA Materials Package is available for this course. Preorder before the start of Term. $165
Enjoy an introduction to oil painting for beginners during this 8 week course.
Led by artist Frank Burgers, this course will take you step by step through the planning, preparation, execution, and finishing of your work. Oil painting is an inherently flexible medium, and Frank will inspire you to embrace this flexibility as you develop your core painting skills.
- Selection and preparation of your painting surface
- Introduction to composition, colour and tone
- Understanding the different brushes and tools used in oil painting
- Learn techniques specific to oil painting
- Working with the oil paints as an expressive, flexible medium
- Experiment with various painting techniques and paint mediums
- Colour mixing and paint mixing with various mediums
- Approaches to capturing subject matter on the canvas
As an artist, Frank works across a number of mediums, and brings a wealth of experience in both technical and creative areas. Frank will help you extend your own arts practice based on your experience in other mediums, and step you through the development and incorporation of oils into your skill set. You will be inspired to experiment, take risks, and relax into the creative process.
Bring your own materials or purchase a MAMA Materials Package tailored for this course. Packages may be purchased online or from MAMA Store over the counter or over the phone: 02 6043 5800
MAMA Materials Package
- Art Spectrum Oil Paints
- 40mL Ultramarine Blue
- 40mL Phthalo Blue
- 40mL Lemon Yellow
- 40mL Spectrum Yellow
- 40mL Spectrum Red
- 40mL Spectrum Crimson
- 150mL Titanium White
- Odourless Solvent 500ml
- Stretched Canvas (Artist Quality) 24”x 30"
- Cost: $165
Meet the Tutor: Frank Burgers
Please note: in making a booking with MAMA you agree to the terms and conditions.