Enjoy an introduction to acrylic painting for beginners during this 8 week course*.
Led by artist Alison Percy, this class will take you step by step through the planning, preparation, execution, and finishing of your work. Alison will help you relax and enjoy the process, as your skill and confidence builds.
In this fantastic beginner course you will learn the foundations of painting with acrylics, including:
- Selecting and preparing your painting surface
- Colour mixing using a limited palette
- Introduction to composition, colour and tone
- Finding your subject matter
- Capturing the essence of what you see
- Understanding your tools: types of brushes, paints and supports
During the course, Alison will bring a range of her artworks, materials, painting tools and supports for added insight. You will be inspired to experiment, take risks, and not overthink the process.
*Term One dates run 4 February - 31 March, excluding 17 March.
Bring your own drawing materials or purchase a MAMA Materials Package tailored for this course.
MAMA Materials Package includes:
- A3 Canvas Pad
- A4 spiral bound visual diary
- Clear document wallet
- 4 flat taklon brushes, 25mm, 19mm, 12mm and 6mm
- Matisse acrylic painting medium, 250mL
- A2 Tube Acrylics, 120mL
- Burnt Umber
- Ultramarine Blue
- Cerulean Blue Hue
- Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue
- Cadmium Yellow Light Hue
- Cadmium Red Medium Hue
- Alizarin Crimson
- A2 Tube Acrylic, 250mL
- Titanium White
- Cost: $165, available online or at MAMA Store