Art for Teens: Drawing
When: Term Four: Mondays, 5:00pm - 7.00pm
Where: Studio within the Commonwealth Growth Centre
In this workshop designed especially for teens, students will learn foundation drawing skills and gain individual mentoring from tutor Robyn White. Each student will be encouraged to expand their range of techniques, and experiment with a variety of materials including graphite, charcoal, ink and pastel.
Over 8 extended 2.5 hour sessions, students will be encouraged to extend their arts practice and develop a more sophisticated eye for lines, edge, space, tone, and colour.
Bring your own drawing materials or purchase a MAMA Materials Package tailored for this course. Materials packages will be available for purchase online or over the counter at ShopMAMA until Friday 22 September.
MAMA Materials Package Includes:
- Fabriano hard back artist visual diary
- Set of artist quality graphite pencils in tin (water-soluble)
- Quality 2 hole sharpener with catcher
- Quality kneadable eraser
- Cost: $60
Term Four Art Courses
- Term Four commences week beginning Sunday 8 October, and ends Friday 15 December.
- All classes commence in week one of Term Four
- 2 hour classes run for 10 weeks, 2.5 hour classes run for 8 weeks.
- Bookings for Term Four will remain open until Friday 22 September, unless sold out prior.
- Materials packages, where available, need to be ordered and paid for by Friday 22 September
- Additional classes will be added where possible, after the scheduled classes book out.
- Please contact us if all class times are booked out and we will put your name on a waiting list for another session.
- Please note: in making a booking with MAMA you agree to the terms and conditions.
Meet Robyn White
Robyn White is a well-known local Visual Artist and experienced tutor who specialises in Watercolour, Drawing and Pastel with over 20 years experience.
She has exhibited and sold many of her works, both nationally and internationally.
Whilst having shown a great interest and talent in drawing and art from around 11, Robyn was encouraged to pursue a career in the financial sector. She travelled extensively overseas for almost 10 years in the finance sector, however, her creative urges were never sated. It was only after the birth of her first child, some 23 years ago, that she knew she had to return to her art.
Robyn is predominately self-taught, although she has some great mentors along the way. She draws and paints because it is a huge part of who she is, perhaps because of that, she is a very instinctive and intuitive artist. Her humour and approachability, her enthusiasm for her art and her generous sharing of her extensive knowledge make her a popular and sought after tutor.
To see some of Robyn's work, visit her studio gallery "324 The Studio" is located at 324 Beechworth Road, Wodonga.
Please note: in making a booking with MAMA you agree to the terms and conditions.