Digital Photography - Level 2
When: Term Three: Fridays 6.00pm - 8.30pm & Saturdays 10.00am - 2.30pm
Where: Workshop and Studio within the Commonwealth Growth Centre, MAMA
Price: $260 ($245 moMAMA / Concession)
Digital Photography - Level 2 builds on the skills developed in Digital Photography - Level 1, our foundation course.
Dutor Dirk Wallace will continue to build your technical and creative skill set across core areas of digital photography, including:
- Advanced camera settings: Learn to harness your camera's full capacity through advanced understanding of your camera's manual settings.
- Technical development: Develop your control of lighting, colour and exposure for different effects.
- Composition and creative perspective: Develop your creative flair and eye for composition.
- Photographic genres: Build your experience in macro, landscape, artistic photography, and portraiture.
- Post Production: Delve further into image manipulation and handling with specialist software.
- Artistic Guidance: Specialist mentoring in your particular areas of interest
You'll need to bring your own camera SLR (DSLR), or at least a high end compact camera with manual (M) setting, the camera manual and a tripod. There will be some studio lighting and other equipment available for participants to use, however Dirk welcomes students to bring along any other lighting or equipment that they would like to learn how to use.
This course is available in two different formats:
- Fridays, 6.00pm - 8.30pm, weekly (8 sessions), commencing 21 July
- Saturdays, 10.00am - 2.30pm, fortnightly (5 sessions), commencing 22 July (with lunch break)
If you are unsure whether to enrol in Level 1 or Level 2 Digital Photography, please contact us and we discuss your level of experience and skill.
Term Three Art Courses
- Term Three commences week beginning Sunday 16 July, and ends Saturday 30 September
- All classes commence in week one of Term Three
- Bookings for Term Three will remain open until Friday 30 June, unless sold out prior.
- Materials packages, where available, need to be ordered and paid for by Friday 30 June
- Additional classes will be added where possible, after the scheduled classes book out.
- Please contact us if all class times are booked out and we will put your name on a waiting list for another session.
- Please note: in making a booking with MAMA you agree to the terms and conditions.
Meet Dirk Wallace
Dirk Wallace is an experienced freelance photographer, as a commercial photographer for events, and business. Dirk is a web developer and incorporates his photography work into online applications for business, specialising in camera and photography stores.
As an artist, Dirk has a passion for botanical photography, and abstract photographic art. He enjoys the medium of photography as a way of capturing the elements of nature, and utilises experimental photographic techniques to extend the medium.
Dirk particularly enjoys building community around art, and connecting people through their love of photography. As a teacher, Dirk is appreciated for his ability to ignite his students interest and creative flair, whilst providing stepwise, practical tuition on the technical details.
Please note: in making a booking with MAMA you agree to the terms and conditions.