Beyond Basics Photography
When: Saturdays, fortnightly. 29 April, 13 May, 27 May, 10 June. 10.00am - 2.30pm
Where: Workshop within Commonwealth Growth Centre, MAMA
Price: $190 ($171 moMAMA / Concession)
Beyond Basics Photography builds on the skills developed in Digital Photography, our foundation course.
Delivered over 5 half-day workshops, tutor Dirk Wallace will continue to build your technical and creative skill set across core areas of digital photography, including:
- Advanced camera settings: Learn to harness your camera's full capacity through advanced understanding of your camera's manual settings.
- Technical development: Develop your control of lighting, colour and exposure for different effects.
- Composition and creative perspective: Develop your creative flair and eye for composition.
- Photographic genres: Build your experience in macro, landscape, artistic photography, and portraiture.
- Post Production: Delve further into image manipulation and handling with specialist software.
- Artistic Guidance: Specialist mentoring in your particular areas of interest
You'll need to bring your own camera SLR (DSLR), or at least a high end compact camera with manual (M) setting, the camera manual and a tripod. There will be some studio lighting and other equipment available for participants to use, however Dirk welcomes students to bring along any other lighting or equipment that they would like to learn how to use.
If you are unsure whether to enrol in the Digital Photography or Beyond Basics Photography, please contact us and we discuss your level of experience and skill.
Please contact us if all class times are booked out and we will put your name on a waiting list for another session.
Meet Dirk Wallace
Dirk Wallace is an experienced freelance photographer, as a commercial photographer for events, and business. Dirk is a web developer and incorporates his photography work into online applications for business, specialising in camera and photography stores.
As an artist, Dirk has a passion for botanical photography, and abstract photographic art. He enjoys the medium of photography as a way of capturing the elements of nature, and utilises experimental photographic techniques to extend the medium.
Dirk particularly enjoys building community around art, and connecting people through their love of photography. As a teacher, Dirk is appreciated for his ability to ignite his students interest and creative flair, whilst providing stepwise, practical tuition on the technical details.