Basic Photo Editing
When: Term One 2018: Mondays 6.00-8.00pm
Where: ACE Radio 2AY Boardroom, MAMA
Price: $260 ($245 moMAMA / Concession)
Is your computer overflowing with disorganised, unedited photos?
Learn how to handle images like a pro in this 10 week course, including:
- Understanding different image file types
- Importing digital images into editing software, and working with each file type
- Introduction to Adobe Creative Suite applications including Photoshop and Lightroom
- Adjusting exposure, contrast, saturation and lighting levels
- Enhancing a flat images into more dynamic images
- Basic retouching skills, such as skin tone correction, swapping faces in group shots, and removing unwanted objects from photos using Photoshop
- Using applications such as Lightroom to organise and archive files
- Exporting images for web and print
- Scanning old print photos and retouching for print or archive
You will need to bring your own computer for this course, with Adobe Creative Suite installed. Adobe CS is now available as a month-to-month license. We recommend the Photography Package as a minimum for this course, at $11.99/month. This includes Photoshop and Lightroom. However, you can add extra applications to your subscription if you like.
Term One 2018 Art Courses
- Term One commences week beginning Monday 29 January and ends Sunday 8 April
- MAMA follows the NSW school term dates. Term One 2018 is 11 weeks long.
- All classes will commence in week one of term
- 2 hour classes run for 10 weeks, 2.5 hour classes run for 8 weeks
- Bookings for Term One close Sunday 14 January.
- Materials packages, where available, need to be ordered and paid for by Sunday 14 January
- Additional classes will be added where possible, after the scheduled classes book out.
- Please contact us if all class times are booked out and we will put your name on a waiting list for another session.
- Please note: in making a booking with MAMA you agree to the terms and conditions
Meet Dirk Wallace
Dirk Wallace is an experienced freelance photographer, as a commercial photographer for events, and business. Dirk is a web developer and incorporates his photography work into online applications for business, specialising in camera and photography stores.
As an artist, Dirk has a passion for botanical photography, and abstract photographic art. He enjoys the medium of photography as a way of capturing the elements of nature, and utilises experimental photographic techniques to extend the medium.
Dirk particularly enjoys building community around art, and connecting people through their love of photography. As a teacher, Dirk is appreciated for his ability to ignite his students interest and creative flair, whilst providing stepwise, practical tuition on the technical details.
Please note: in making a booking with MAMA you agree to the terms and conditions.