Art for Teens: Photography
When: Term Three: Mondays 4.45pm - 6.45pm
Where: ACE Radio 2AY Boardroom, MAMA.
In this specialty art course catering especially for teens, students will learn technical aspects of photography, together with creative and artistic elements, and post-production editing software.
Led by an experienced local photographer, each week of the 10 week course will give you a core set of skills that will help you get the most out of your digital camera.
The first week will be an introduction to your digital camera, how to use each of the settings on your camera, and how to shoot with control. You will explore light, space and visual solutions while learning to experiment with ways to enhance digital images. This knowledge will help you move beyond 'happy snaps' and into beautiful, considered compositions. Over the remaining weeks of the course you will refine your technical skills, and explore various creative photographic approaches.
You'll need to bring your own camera SLR (DSLR), or at least a high end compact camera with manual (M) setting, the camera manual and a tripod. There will be some studio lighting and other equipment available for participants to use, however Dirk welcomes students to bring along any other lighting or equipment that they would like to learn how to use.
Term Three Art Courses
- Term Three commences week beginning Sunday 16 July, and ends Saturday 30 September
- All classes commence in week one of Term Three
- 2 hour classes run for 10 weeks, 2.5 hour classes run for 8 weeks.
- Bookings for Term Three will remain open until Friday 30 June, unless sold out prior.
- Materials packages, where available, need to be ordered and paid for by Friday 30 June
- Additional classes will be added where possible, after the scheduled classes book out.
- Please contact us if all class times are booked out and we will put your name on a waiting list for another session.
- Please note: in making a booking with MAMA you agree to the terms and conditions.
Meet Dirk Wallace
Dirk Wallace is an experienced freelance photographer, as a commercial photographer for events, and business. Dirk is a web developer and incorporates his photography work into online applications for business, specialising in camera and photography stores.
As an artist, Dirk has a passion for botanical photography, and abstract photographic art. He enjoys the medium of photography as a way of capturing the elements of nature, and utilises experimental photographic techniques to extend the medium.
Dirk particularly enjoys building community around art, and connecting people through their love of photography. As a teacher, Dirk is appreciated for his ability to ignite his students interest and creative flair, whilst providing stepwise, practical tuition on the technical details.