Acrylic Painting - Level 1
When: Term One 2018: Tuesdays, 6.00pm - 8.00pm
Where: Studio within Commonwealth Growth Centre, MAMA.
Price: $260 ($245 moMAMA / Concession), materials package $150 (optional)
Enjoy an introduction to acrylic painting for beginners during this 10 week course.
Led by artist Alison Percy, this class will take you step by step through the planning, preparation, execution, and finishing of your work. Alison will help you relax and enjoy the process, as your skill and confidence builds.
In this fantastic beginner course you will learn the foundations of painting with acrylics, including:
- Selecting and preparing your painting surface
- Colour mixing using a limited palette
- Introduction to composition, colour and tone
- Finding your subject matter
- Capturing the essence of what you see
- Understanding your tools: types of brushes, paints and supports
During the course, Alison will bring a range of her artworks, materials, painting tools and supports for added insight. You will be inspired to experiment, take risks, and not overthink the process.
Bring your own drawing materials or purchase a MAMA Materials Package tailored for this course. Materials packages will be available for purchase online or over the counter at ShopMAMA until Sunday 14 January.
MAMA Materials Package includes:
- Arttec pad A3, 240gsm x 12 sheets
- A3 spiral bound visual diary
- 4 flat taklon brushes, 25mm, 19mm, 12mm and 6mm
- Matisse acrylic painting medium, 250mL
- A2 Tube Acrylics, 120mL
- Burnt Sienna
- Ultramarine Blue
- Cerulean Blue
- Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue
- Cadmium Yellow Light Hue
- Cadmium Red Medium
- A2 Tube Acrylic, 250mL
- Titanium White
- Cost: $160
Term One 2018 Art Courses
- Term One commences week beginning Monday 29 January and ends Sunday 8 April
- MAMA follows the NSW school term dates. Term One 2018 is 11 weeks long.
- All classes will commence in week one of term
- 2 hour classes run for 10 weeks, 2.5 hour classes run for 8 weeks
- Bookings for Term One close Sunday 14 January.
- Materials packages, where available, need to be ordered and paid for by Sunday 14 January
- Additional classes will be added where possible, after the scheduled classes book out.
- Please contact us if all class times are booked out and we will put your name on a waiting list for another session.
- Please note: in making a booking with MAMA you agree to the terms and conditions.
Meet Alison Percy
Alison's work reflects a fascination in the balance and sensitivity of fluid line inspired by natural forms across figurative, landscape and floral subjects. Imagery is formed using ink, charcoal, acrylic paint, soft pastel and watercolour onto canvas and paper. A quiet energy is felt during mark making, allowing the work to take on a layered and reflective journey. Intuitive use of fluid line and colour evokes an honest connection through the artist and onto the surface.
Alison's energetic and passionate nature is evident across her work. It reflects a delight in transforming observations, captured or remembered images into figurative, landscape or floral works. Alison produces paintings and drawings for exhibition, private sale and commission.
As a tutor, students are encouraged to relax and enjoy the journey - while exploring their individual style and learning to really see.