|Date||Monday 31 July & Tuesday 1 August 2017|
|Location||LibraryMuseum 540 Kiewa St, Albury, NSW, 2640.|
MAMA 546 Dean St, Albury, NSW, 2640.
|Price||Cultural Paid Staff $140 per day, Cultural Volunteers & Students $110 per day. |
Early bird discounts available until 30 June.
|View Program||Session Options||View Speakers|
Keeping it Real is an annual Symposium for regional cultural, gallery, museum and library professionals and volunteers.
This inspiring 2-day event is a great opportunity to network and meet like-minded professionals from the Murray region.
Highlights of this year’s symposium include:
- Keynote speaker Nicole Durling, Curator of MONA
- Arts events wizard Gotaro Uematsu from the Biennale of Sydney
- Senior Policy Officer Sally Watterson from Local Government NSW
- Rachael Vincent from Broken Hill Living Museum
- Shaun Hossack from street art agency Juddy Roller, leader of The Silo Project
- Symposium Dinner at Canvas Eatery, MAMA.
Themes explored across the workshops and presentations include:
- Strategies to encourage the creative economy in Regional Australia with Kelly Heylen of Platform Gallery
- Practical ways to support makers and creatives in the community through Makerspaces, business incubator programs, and entrepreneurial focused projects.
- Technology showcase with Trove from State Library NSW, as well as Augmented Reality with the Diversity Project, and boosting the moving image component of your collection through YouTube and other online platforms.
- Relevant and up to date presentations from Library professionals on engagement with children, young people, autism spectrum disorders, and a diverse range of community members.
- Research presentations that will help you articulate the value of Cultural Services in the local government sector
- Understanding how to become a registered provider of teacher's professional development through NESA
As host, AlburyCity welcomes you to enjoy a showcase of our recently completed Retro Lane Café project, invites you to enjoy the current program of exhibitions at MAMA and LibraryMuseum, including a VIP invitation to the opening of Theatres of War exhibition at the LibraryMuseum during the Symposium.
If you have any further inquiries about Keeping it Real, please contact:
Cultural Development Coordinator
Email | (02) 6023 8753