MAMA needs you
Here's a great way to get involved with MAMA – become a volunteer.
This is the perfect time to sign-up and be a part of Albury's most exciting new cultural facility.
Volunteering offers a unique and rewarding opportunity for those interested in the arts. You get to experience first-hand our amazing programs, exhibitions, events and collections, as well as meet artists and cultural professionals.
Need more reasons? Okay, how's this. By volunteering you can: become actively involved in your community; meet new people; build your confidence; learn new skills; increase your knowledge; help others; gain valuable job experience; and feel needed.
Visitor Experience Volunteers
MAMA's wonderful visitor experience volunteers provide the following services:
- Welcome visitors to MAMA
- Direct visitors to the various gallery spaces and amenities in the building
- Present guided tours of the gallery, including collection works and current exhibitions
- Share information about selected artworks and artists with visitors
- Research background information about the exhibitions, in preparations for tours
- Invigilate exhibitions
- Assist children and families with interactive activities
Education and Public Program Volunteers
- Assist with the preparation and running of public programs
- Assist with the housekeeping of program areas
- Assist with the background research for the development of public programs
- Assist with exhibition opening nights and other special events
- Assist with supervising MAMA and assist with visitor enquiries
Collection and Research Volunteers
These positions are advertised periodically on the Expressions of Interest page, and are recruited and supervised by the Curator. Volunteers will be welcomed to assist with:
- Background research on the MAMA collection
- Background research on future MAMA exhibitions
- Researching special projects, as required by the Curator.
Apply to Volunteer
MAMA periodically has information sessions for people interested in volunteering. Sign up to our MAMA newsletter (at the bottom of the homepage) to keep up to date with when these sessions are being held.
For more information contact Brenda Kausche on (02) 6043 5625, or make contact via email.