The 2018 National Photography Prize offers a $30,000 acquisitive first prize, courtesy of the generous support of the MAMA Art Foundation. In addition, the John & Margaret Baker Memorial Fellowship offers $5000 to an outstanding emerging Australian artist.
In consideration of the medium's fluid history, the 2018 National Photography Prize encourages artists working across all areas of the photographic field to enter. This includes artists working in traditional forms of light based, chemical production through to those dealing with hybrid and expanded fields of photography and image making.
The 2018 prize will be judged by Isobel Parker-Philip, Curator Photographs, Art Gallery of New South Wales.
The exhibition of finalists will be held in the Paul Ramsay Galleries, from 10 May - 22 July.
- Applications for this year's prize open on 14 January
- Applications close on 28 February
- Finalists selected on 7 March
- All applicants notified by 23 March
- Artworks delivered to MAMA 16 - 27 April
- Exhibition of 2018 finalists 10 May - 22 July
- Gala opening and prize announcement 18 May
How to apply
All applicants will need to submit an online application form via the link below, from 10.00am Sunday 14 February 2018.
As part of the online application, you will be asked to provide:
- A PDF, Microsoft Word or Powerpoint of up to 5 images, including image detail (artist, title, year, medium, size, and credit line) for each artwork. Please also include artwork value for insurance purposes.
- Artist CV
- Artist Statement (300 words)
- Artwork Description (150 words)
For a full explanation of the application process, requirements, and terms and conditions, please read through the online application form. You may follow the link and read through the requirements before you submit your work.
If you have any any queries regarding the application process please contact the MAMA Curatorial and Exhibition Team on 02 6043 5800 or email@example.com