Entries have now closed.
The 2018 National Photography Prize offers a $30,000 acquisitive first prize, courtesy of the generous support of the MAMA Art Foundation. In addition, the John & Margaret Baker Memorial Fellowship offers $5000 to an outstanding emerging Australian artist.
In consideration of the medium's fluid history, the 2018 National Photography Prize encourages artists working across all areas of the photographic field to enter. This includes artists working in traditional forms of light based, chemical production through to those dealing with hybrid and expanded fields of photography and image making.
The 2018 prize will be judged by Isobel Parker-Philip, Curator Photographs, Art Gallery of New South Wales.
The exhibition of finalists will be held in the Paul Ramsay Galleries, from 10 May - 22 July.
- Applications for this year's prize open on 14 January
- Applications close on 28 February
- Finalists selected on 7 March
- All applicants notified by 23 March
- Artworks delivered to MAMA 16 - 27 April
- Exhibition of 2018 finalists 10 May - 22 July
- Official exhibition opening and prize announcement 18 May
If you have any any queries regarding the application process please contact the MAMA Curatorial and Exhibition Team on 02 6043 5800 or firstname.lastname@example.org