Show it off
Want to show your art at MAMA?
Applications for exhibiting in 2017 are now closed. Details about 2018 applications will be released in early 2017.
Artists and groups may apply to exhibit through an 'Expression of Interest' process. Your application will be considered against a selection criteria and the overarching MAMA program to ensure diverse and balanced exhibitions are on offer throughout the year.
You can add your details here to our database to ensure you are kept up to date with opportunities to exhibit your work at MAMA.
MAMA doesn't play favourites. With a new exhibition series changing every four weeks, MAMA's program features both solo exhibitions and curated group exhibitions. We encourage applications from across all disciplines of visual arts.
MAMA also fosters professional practices and experience related to exhibition practice. As a public venue we provide the platform for critical debate and encourage interdisciplinary and experimental work.
MAMA's Brindley Family Galleries and Quest Gallery are here to:
- develop and extend critical debate about contemporary visual art and culture;
- create opportunities for emerging artists, writers and curators, challenging the boundaries of contemporary visual practice;
- encourage and support ambitious projects by less established artists;
- promote the exchange of exhibitions, ideas and practices between artists, writers, curators and a diverse audience;
- introduce the audience to art work that extends their understanding of what contemporary art can be;
- support the display and professional development of regional artists in the Murray Catchment area; and
- ensure diversity in the region's program exhibition by not exhibiting content that has been exhibited in the five years prior.
MAMA is all about honouring risk, experimentation and creativity. We want to stimulate dialogue and debate, while showing off the best of our regional and emerging artists from across the Murray Region.
Brindley Family Galleries (a-c)
The Brindley Family Galleries are contemporary exhibition spaces which aim to present a dynamic program of exhibitions across the three gallery spaces.
Quest Gallery is dedicated to the display of new media and installation art. This is a new and exciting part of the contemporary art scene in Australia, ready and waiting for the brushes and pens of a new generation of artists.
Installation art transforms interior spaces through 3D works. Quest Gallery looks to nurture artists working with emerging technologies to create new communication experiences and connect people to new styles of content.
Level 1 Floorplan